Looking for something productive to do to protect your loved ones?
Now’s a great time to prep/update your home Emergency Binder.
- Make a list of all your assets and liabilities (accounts, insurance, credit cards, loans). Any new ones?
- List health care info for all family members including doctors names and phone numbers, allergies, pre-existing conditions, prescription medicines and dosages.
- Make a list of online logins and passwords.
- Make sure someone knows how you pay bills, assess photos, store documents (online and paper: birth cert, wills, passports).
- Review your debts. Temporary payment forgiveness? Refinance?
- Call to reduce auto insurance premium if driving less miles.
- Review/update your retirement account and life insurance beneficiaries.
- Get/update a will, revocable trust, living will and powers of attorney.
- Track monthly expenses – no better time to list necessary monthly expenses then now!
Need Cash Flow?
- If laid off, do not delay applying for unemployment. Note that in some states, a paper application mailed in is being processed faster than online.
- Apply for a home equity line of credit.
- Take a Roth IRA withdrawal if the account has been open at least 5 years.
- 401k loans (max amount now $100,000) or withdrawals.
- Federal and state government loans (EIDL, PPP)
Got questions or need help?