Turning on Two Factor Authentication (aka MFA) will help protect your social profile from hackers.
Have you ever received that desperate email or message from a friend to NOT click on their profile/message/email, etc?
The best way for you not to become a victim of these online predators is to turn on two factor or multi factor authentication on all social media websites.
- FACEBOOK: Upper right corner (down arrow) > Settings & Privacy > Settings > Security and Login > Two-factor Authentication > Use two-factor authentication
- INSTAGRAM: Upper right corner (your picture) > Settings > Privacy and Security > Two-factor Authentication
- TWITTER: Left side > More > Settings and Privacy > Security and account access > Security > Two-factor authentication
- LINKEDIN: Upper right corner (your picture) > Settings and Privacy > Sign in & Security > Two-step verification
- EMAIL & OTHER ONLINE PROFILES: Whenever possible, you should have two-factor authentication enabled. This is extremely important in protecting yourself from online predators.